Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mobster Lifestyle

This past week has been a really busy one, which only kind of explains why we haven't posted on our blog in a long time. We had our California reception on the 26th of June and then my mom stayed for a couple of days after that. Mom and I drove into San Fransisco, which was a little scary for me because I'm just getting good at driving Nathan's manual car and didn't know how I'd handle the infamous hills of San Fran. Turns out the way to Ghiradelli square, which is where we went, is along the shore line and there weren't really any hills to get there. Unfortunately they don't let anyone tour their facilities anymore, they just have some shops and a little exhibit about a couple steps of chocolate making, but we had a good time anyway and got some good chocolate to share with everyone.
A couple days later we went to visit Nathan's friend Jeremy in Berkeley. Berkeley was a really fun town, all artsy-fartsy collegey kind of town. There are also lots of hills. We had a little trouble finding this building in which we were to meet his friend, but we did in the end. We were planning on going downtown by bus, but we were informed that the last bus would get us downtown, but with no way of getting back up and we weren't about to climb all those hills back up to the car. If you don't know Nathan's car, you should know that it has two seats. And we had three people. Jokingly someone said that they would ride in the trunk and I thought, I'm fairly flexible and skinny, maybe I can fit. So we tried it. It was kind of fun for me to see if I could fit, but Nathan was really nervous. I fit fairly comfortably, it was just dark and hot. I convinced them that I'd be fine and they shut me in, much to Nathan's discomfort, and we ended up driving about ten minutes to a parking space a little ways from the pizza place we were heading to. It was an interesting ride, and really not all that bad. At least now I know that if I'm kidnapped and forced into a trunk, which most all trunks will be larger than Nathan's, they won't have to break my legs or anything to fit me in. I wonder if Nathan and Jeremy felt like mobsters who were taking me to the boss or something.

2 comments:

  1. You know that your mother would KILL you before you had a chance to BE killed in an accident or of co2 poisoning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell her maybe she wont find out. Oops too late. Looks like you are letting your hair down now. Way funny.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete