Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hopefully this time it will work...


So it has been forever since I last posted. Definitely a lot as been going on. However, I won't bother really with trying to catch upon the past. Now that I am out of school, I might have more time to blog since no one wants to give me an internship. So here is what has been happening in our lives:Mika is the same as always: energetic and loving. It has been hard for her to stay cooped up inside while we have been wimps and wanted to stay inside where it is warm. She, I believe, could care less about what it was doing outside, as long as she is running around. Lately, when we've taken her to the park she whines and whimpers as we pull into the parking lot because she is SO excited. I feel bad that I don't take her out more, but when it snows 1/2" overnight (though it has mostly melted already) it doesn't make me feel like tromping around outside.
Mika likes to cuddle


Nathan is still working hard at school. "School for life," he says. He has also been working on an iPhone program, a game, and is enjoying doing that. He tries to spend a couple of hours each week on it. He asked me if I wanted to help do any artwork for it, but I have no skills in that sort of thing, so he talked to an old friend in Livermore who said he is excited to work with Nathan on it. Nathan wants to make a million dollars off of the game, but if it sells at all we'll be ecstatic (not that it will be bad, Nathan never does anything halfway, but who knows what the market will be like).
A silly picture of our family

As for me, well, as I said I am out of school, well mostly I guess. I'm still taking one class, Bookbinding, for fun. I am enjoying it so far, although it is very frustrating as the first book I made (pictures below) I messed up on just about every step. A lot of the other kids in the class are art majors and it is a little off-putting sometimes. If I like it enough, however, it could turn into a fairly lucrative career.
We also got a new addition to our family! We recently did a full-scale cleaning on the house and discovered there was a need of greenery. We've been meaning to get an orchid for a while, but when we went to the nursery we decided on a beautiful blue hydrangea plant instead. It reminded us of our wedding and our engagement anniversary is just a few days away. I think I'm already killing it as the petals are wilting. They told us it likes a lot of water and I thought I had been watering it enough, but I just added a ton more and we'll see if it perks up. At least that is what the clerk said it would do. It is just nice to have a little plant life around.



A new haircut!

1 comment: