Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All the small things

So, yes, I did return to Salt Lake for the weekend, where I attended my friend Becca's wedding, which was loverly. We also celebrated my Mom's birthday and it was lots of fun to see all my siblings again. It probably hasn't been too long since I saw them, but when I'm used to seeing them about once a week, it seems like a long time.

I took a bouquet of silk flowers that I made for Leah to hold, as my flower girl, and she didn't put them down the whole time she was there. It was really cute, and I just hope she can keep it in somewhat working order so I don't have to find something else for her to use. Cameron was cute as always, and I can't wait until he really starts talking, because I think that kid will have some really interesting thoughts. We like to call him the barbarian. If we left him out in the jungle by himself he would probably become the king of the jungle within the week. Sophia was as cute as can be and she now has four front teeth with which to bite. She was eating a piece of bread and making 'num' sounds for me.

The day after I got home, that is, yesterday, the iMac came. So yes, I am posting this while sitting in front of the 27 inch magnitude. We watched Avatar on it last night and it was almost as good as the 3-d.... okay, maybe not, but it was awesome. I also found out yesterday that I got the job at Jo-Ann's! This couldn't come at a better time because I was about to give up looking for a job. I'm pretty sure it'll be great to work there since I already like the manager and, well, I don't think that many sketchy people work or shop at craft stores. I'm headed there in a couple of hours to start training. I'm glad to finally have something to do during the days.

The title of this post comes from the fact that I felt really grateful for the small blessings, well, and the big ones too, that have been in my life recently. Nathan, for one. Having prayers answered in finding a job. Being able to enjoy the temple and feel God's love for me. Marrying into such a great family that has supported me and taken me in as one of their own. Being out of Utah for the four inches of snow that fell yesterday.... And of course, all the other things that I have to be grateful for in my life, like family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was a good day. New job + iMac = awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you got a job! And at JOANNS! I was just telling Kathy that this way you can tell her about all of the upcoming promos and deals. It's a win-win for everyone.
    Congrats :-)

    ReplyDelete