Saturday, May 15, 2010

Days of California

Hey all! I decided, and Nathan agreed to go along with it, that we should start a blog. I mean, it's what every cool couple does, right? So here we are. Hopefully this blog will get more attention than I have paid to my other blog, a.k.a. little to none, because Nathan will bug me about it. Ah, the perks of having a significant other.

Today, on our second week in California, we decided to go to Big Basin State Park, home of the redwoods. I've never been to California before, so Nathan has been trying to show me around a bit. The trees were magnificent and stunning. It was kind of hot there, so we didn't do much hiking, and we had also left too late in the day to really get into any long hikes, but we walked around the granny trails for a while and enjoyed ourselves.
Then Nathan and I drove down to Santa Cruz where they have a large wharf/boardwalk that extends into the ocean. It was a beautiful beach and we walked all the way down to the end of the walk where you can see the sea lions hanging out on the planks below the boardwalk. I first saw one off the side of the boardwalk and it was just floating on its side and not really moving. I thought it was dead for a while, but we came back later and it wasn't there any more, so I guess it was still alive. We then headed into a small restaurant on the wharf and had some traditional seafood for dinner. It was nice to see the ocean right out the window while we were dining. Nathan mentioned that he felt like a true Californian.

We lazily made our way home and then Nathan showed me his "secret park" which isn't really secret, just off the beaten path. We were fairly tired by then, so we came home and here we are, sitting on the couch. Too much adventure for one day!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I get to be first!! I miss you being around. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz just told me that you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ATE SEAFOOD!!!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like seafood, remember Dad?

    And, yes, Alicia, but just for the summer. We'll be back for more school very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'll be there to see mi mama soonish. let's meet up!

    ReplyDelete