Friday, June 18, 2010

So umm we're married =)

It's been awhile since I've written so I guess I'm up again. And this week I have some news that might actually merit a blog entry; just in case you haven't heard I am totally married. In particular to the cutest girl in the world, aka Kelcy Molyneux Perry. Our photographer hasn't gotten the pictures to us so I can't post any here, but we'll be sure to put them up as soon as we get them. And thereafter plaster them all over facebook. And thereafter mail them out to all our friends. And thereafter deliver them door to door in our neighborhood. Just so that everyone knows that we are married.

The reception was kind of cool. To be honest that was the part of the day that I was probably least looking forward to. Not that I don't like parties. But I don't really like being the center of attention. And I like even less being on display at the center of attention. But it turned out to not be bad at all. It did rain on us. So half an hour before the reception was to start we were scurrying around moving all the tables from the outside to the inside. Kelcy and I, along with our parents, remained outside under the overhang to greet people. Kelcy was clearly the star attraction, but I refrained from making a fool of myself during any of the conversations.

We had a honeymoon after the reception. We just stayed in Salt Lake in a condo owned by my grandparents. This was a mini-honeymoon in precursor to our real honeymoon that we will have August when we are going on a cruise to the Bahamas. But we did a good job of entertaining ourselves. We spent some time in the apartment, but we also spent some time out in the town eating and going to movies.

And now we're back in Livermore. And for the first time in a long time I'm excited about my apartment. Not that our little flat is overly amazing, but having the chance to live in an apartment with Kelcy and develop habits for life is pretty exciting. Some of the habits will be more fun than others, like now for example we're trying to decide how we are going to partition cleaning duties. But I'm pretty excited for it anyways.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you look forward to establishing your
    OWN kind of family. I miss you guys already. Mom

    ReplyDelete